CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Give us today our 'daily bread'..

Another new day.. And it seems like the dark clouds has come back to rain on me. It is said that 'heart never break, it only become stronger'.. If that so, today i am in a really intense heart strengthening phase..

When ever we felt like our life is over and we wish we can't stop living right there at that time, remember the Lord's prayer.

As we go on from verse to verse, we will have the idea of what Jesus is actually trying to teach us. The Lord's Prayer is a model prayer- of how we should pray. And when we feel like we've been thrown into a pit of doom and sadness, turn to Him, and pray. Pray from ur heart and use the Lord's Prayer as a guidance.

Our Father in heaven,which art in heaven.. - The thing that are so touching bout the Lord's prayer is the fact that our relationship with God is a CLOSE one. He is not only our GOD, He is by all means is our beloved FATHER. Whenever I feel so heart broken and down to the core of my soul, I'll cry out to my Father..And i know He heard me. His heart, like any human father, cry too with each moan of sadness that comes out from my lips. The acknowledgment of Him being in heaven is a way to express our confident in Him.. That He knows everything and He is in control - no matter how uncontrolled your life seems to be.

hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come - Praise your God and rejoice in His name. There's a day that we will be able to be close to our creator, finally stop being hurt and to rest in His glory forever.. Have faith in this promise..

thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven - This is a powerful verse. One of the best way of praying. Human beings are mean and selfish.We always wanted things to goes our own way. What we want, what we think best for us. We become greedy when things seems to goes our way, yet become grudging when things aren't.It's human to feel like we cannot go on with God's plan.. But take heart. He knows best. Trust me! I am in this situation now. Feeling helpless and broken. But everyday, I still pray to let it happen to me as His wish- no matter how hard or difficult it might be. I may feel helpless, but I'm not hopeless.

Give us this day our daily bread - I highlight this verse in my title because this verse touch me and give me the answer to my ever-searching heart. When i pray to be heal,I wonder why it take me quite a time to be heal completely. And when i thought i have been healed, something else will come up again exposing my 'unhealed' heart. Then I meditated with this verse. Give us this day our 'daily bread'.. why would u think Jesus teach us to pray asking for a daily bread? Wouldn't it be easier if we can ask for a bread that will never finish. Endless supply of 'bread'- that would be such a bliss to a human kind. And no, I'm not referring to real bread here. When I apply this verse of prayer in my life, I'm referring the bread asked as the bread to keep my soul alive. To keep me going.The bread of the soul. Just like when I asked for healing from God and I was given enough for a day, that's how Jesus wanted us to pray. If everyone can be heal instantly, people will lose dependent on God. Things gain easily are easily taken for granted too. That's why, don't feel disheartened when things seems to be cloudy again after a sunny day. God never leave ur side. He just wanted u to keep on clinging on Him. To ask and to have faith. So keep on asking for ur bread; one day at a time.. God is there.. By ur side. Trust Him..

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespasses against us - There's this quote that says 'To err is human ,to forgive is divine.' Divine is defined as being superhuman or godlike; having the nature of or being deity. So in short; it is said that- if u forgive, u r displaying a godlike character- being superhuman. In other words, it is implying that forgiveness is a difficult thing to do. But I've stumbled upon a book with a very contrasting title.. 'To forgive is human'.. and I can't agree less. Forgiveness is something that we, human, can do easily. The only thing is, we have to pray for it. Pray for the strength to forgive. When we pray to Our Father asking Him to 'forgive our sins', we are obliged to forgive others who hurt us as well. When we loved the unloving, we are actually having a glimpse of what God does for us. So, forgive and forget too.. God in all His sinless nature can forgive u. So what make u think u can get away being forgave without forgiving. Pray the Lord's prayer when forgiving seems difficult. If forgiving is difficult to do, just make a breast clean about it to God and ask for His help. He knew beforehand of your incapability and weakness. But u still need to ask for help. Not because He won't help if u don't. But,when u confess your weakness and limitation, that's when u start letting Him helping u.

And let us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil- Temptation is a very powerful tool of the devil. We are tempted in any way possible to make us turn our back from God. And one of the worst temptation is the temptation to just sin 'one last time'.. sounds familiar? Often, when people sinned, they are tempted to repeat the sins though they knew they should have repent and STOP. They try to fool themselves,saying that this will be 'the last time' and they will stop. They are actually fooling themselves by thinking they can stop. When sins had started to take over ones heart, the sense of guiltiness after sinning can't stop the power of the sins itself. So pray my dear friends.. That temptation will not seize u.. and evil will not take control.

No man is without flaw. So when u flawed, confess to God and CHANGE! If u love Him so much, it will break ur heart to break His. And it break His heart to see u sins. Close ur eyes and sincerely said 'I LOVE U JESUS'..

Till finger meet keypad again..:)

(Published in fishonfriday.wordpress.com on 27 Apr 10)








0 comments: